|Instructor: Prof. Richard Zanibbi (Contact info)
Office Hrs: T/Th 2:00-3:20 GOL 3551
Lectures: T/Th 3:30-4:45pm GLE 3139
Teaching Assistant: Timothy Zee (Contact info)|
TA Office Hrs: M/W 11:00am-12pm GOL 3650
Tutorials: (from Wk 2) Fri 1pm & 2pm Brown Hall 1110
- PyTorch: machine learning library.
- For course projects, we will make some GPU servers available to the class (details will be announced in-class).
- Python Resources:
- python.org - Official Python website.
- Tutorials for Python 3.7 and Python 2.7.15 (an earlier version; included in case this is helpful).
- Reference text: Python for Software Design (How to Think Like a Computer Scientist) Allen Downey's excellent introductory text on programming using Python (manuscript is available for free online). Code from the book is available here.
- matplotlib - the matlab-style plotting library which can be used in stand-alone python programs, or using the interactive IPython shell.
- Notes on academic writing and research programming are available from Prof. Zanibbi's web pages.