- Oct. 24th:
The help session for the second test will be Monday Oct. 28th
from 7:00 - 8:00pm in the CS conference room 10-1124.
Opened lab 5
- Oct. 16th: Added a link to a document with a better description of
the Vax instructions you will need for the labs.
- Oct. 13th: Opened lab 3
- Oct. 8th: The due date for experiment 2 has been moved to Oct 15th.
- Oct. 3rd: The help session for the fist test will be from 7:00 -
8:00pm in the CS conference room 10-1124.
- Sept 23rd: Added a link to the comment file for experiment 1.
Also added a link to documentation for the
Also added note about what room we will be in for the first two tests.
- Aug. 19th: Created page
NOTE there are no homeworks being assigned in this class.
I will be listing in class a list of possible problems for you to do,
and the answer manual has been placed on reserve in the library.
In addition you can check out some problems and solutions on
- Link to the
- Note: the vmac assembler does not know how to handle
that contain the two character PC end of line (carriage return
followed by a newline) as opposed to just the unix single character
(a newline). This will show up as a ton of errors from vmac. You can see
this problem by just doing a more on your document, and you will see a
^M at the end of every line.
There is a
dos2unix which allows you to convert the PC end of
line to the UNIX end of line. To use the program type the command:
For information, do a man on
dos2unix -ascii old_filename new_filename
Make sure to back up your file before doing any conversion, so that you
don't lose your work.
- You can avoid this problem in the future by using ascii transfer mode
when using ftp (this automatically converts the end of lines for you).
- You will be using the
try command to submit your work for this
class. Documentation for the
try command can be found
Exp 1 due Oct. 2nd
Exp 2 due Oct. 15th
Exp 3 due Oct. 21st
Exp 4 due Oct. 28th
Exp 5 due Nov. 4th
Exp 6 due Nov. 11th
The planned date for EXAM 1
- MW sec. 70 Monday Oct. 7th Room 08-3305
The planned date for EXAM 2
- MW sec. 70 Monday Oct. 28th Room 08-3305
The FINAL will be during finals week
- Mon. Nov. 18th from 8:00pm - 10:00pm Room 08-3305
Vax Instruction Notes gives a more complete look at the various vax
- Course Web page at:
- Rob Duncan's Homepage
- Here is a quick explanation for setting up the
to perform a system call.
which is a program to sum up the elements in an array of numbers.
a simple recursive program that adds up the elements
of a list.
Phil's home Page