352/704 Computer Organization, Spring 20013
- April 22nd: Example
which is a program to sum up the elements in an array of numbers.
- April 22nd:
- April 11th: Here is a quick explanation for setting up the
to perform a system call.
- April 1st: Printed out copies of the program for
EXP 1 and placed them in the bins outside my door.
- Note: the vmac assembler does not know how to handle
that contain the two character PC end of line (carriage return
followed by a newline) as opposed to just the unix single character
(a newline). This will show up as a ton of errors from vmac. You can see
this problem by just doing a more on your document, and you will see a
^M at the end of every line.
There is a
dos2unix which allows you to convert the PC end of
line to the UNIX end of line. To use the program type the command:
For information, do a man on
dos2unix -ascii old_filename new_filename
Make sure to back up your file before doing any conversion, so that you
don't lose your work.
- You can avoid this problem in the future by using ascii transfer mode
when using ftp (this automatically converts the end of lines for you).
- March 14th: Added dates for the Experiments and Exams from
You can find postscript copies of the overheads on
Rob Duncan's Home Page
- March 5th: Course Web page at:
- March 5th: Created page
NOTE there are no homeworks being assigned in this class.
I will be listing in class a list of possible problems for you to do,
and the answer manual has been placed on reserve in the library.
In addition you can check out some problems and solutions on
Exp 1 due April 1st, (sec 02: April 2nd)
I have placed a printed copy of the program in the bins
outside my door. This
gives you a more clear copy of the program which should be easier to
Exp 2 due April 15th, (sec 02: April 16th)
Exp 3 due April 22nd, (sec 02: April 23rd)
Exp 4 due April 29th, (sec 02: April 30th)
Exp 5 due May 6th, (sec 02: May 7th)
Exp 6 due May 13th, (sec 02: May 14th)
The planned date for EXAM 1
- MW sec. 01 Mon. April 8th
- TR sec. 02 Tue. April 9th
The planned date for EXAM 2
- MW sec. 01 Mon. April 29th
- TR sec. 02 Tue. April 30th
The FINAL will be during finals week
- I have written a simple recursive program that adds up the elements
of a list. The program can be found here.
- Rob Duncan's Homepage
Phil's home Page