Department of Computer Science
Rochester Institute of Technology
Phone: (585) 475-4536
|[ Home ]||[ News ]||[ Members ]||[ Projects ]||[ Publications ]||[ Software ]||[ Support ]|
We gratefully acknowledge support from the following:
- The Alfred P. Sloan Foundation has funded a proposal by Prof. Zanibbi and C. Lee Giles (Penn State) to integrate math-aware search into the CiteSeerX platform.
- The French Ministy of Higher Education and Research has provided a grant to support a PhD student at INSA Rennes (France) co-advised by Betrand Couasnon, Yann Ricquebourg, and Prof. Zanibbi (2016-2019). The project is exploring the interaction between deep learning and syntactic pattern recognition techniques in document recognition tasks.
- The National Institute of Informatics, Japan, which funded Prof. Zanibbi's travel to attend the NTCIR-12 conference in Tokyo (2016).
- CICM 2015, which funded Prof. Zanibbi's trip to give a keynote speech at the conference.
- University of Waterloo, Canada, through a Visiting Professorship held by Prof. Zanibbi in Fall 2014.
- Université de Nantes, France, through a Visiting Professorship held by Prof. Zanibbi in June 2012, and June-July 2014.
- NSF HCC Grant (held with Stephanie Ludi, Roger Gaborski and Anurag Agarwal, 2012-2017), to develop an iPad-based system to assist students with low vision taking math courses.
- Google corporation, through a Google Research Awards Grant, for work with Prof. Charles Bigelow on collecting and analyzing font metrics in historical books (2011-2012)
- The National Science Foundation (NSF), through an IIS/III grant for work in math recognition and retrieval (2010-2015), and associated NSF REU supplements (Summers 2011-2013)
- RIT Carlson Center for Imaging Science (summer support for Video CAPTCHA research, 2010, 2011)
- Xerox Corporation (through a University Affairs Committee Grant held with Bill Stumbo, Xerox Research Center Webster, 2007-2009)
- The Center for Electronic Imaging Systems (CEIS/NYSTAR), through a CAT-EIS grant (2008-2009).
- The B. Thomas Golisano College of Computing and Information Sciences (FEAD Grant, 2007)
- Walter Wolf (who donated a Tablet PC)