CS1 Homework -- Due Sept. 14, 2005
1) What is the difference between a variable and a constant in Java?
2) When would you use a constant?
3) What is the naming convention for a constant?
4) What is the naming convention for Java variables?
5) Name, describe, and give an example of, each of Java's primitive types.
6) Write a Java expression to compute the value of this formula (you can assume that all the variables -- r, b, a, and c -- have been declared as type double, and initialized to some values):
7) What is the difference between declaring a variable and initializing it?