||TOPIC and REFERENCES
||Thursday, October 21, 2004
Detection in the Human Visual System
1. "Motion processing in human visual cortex," Randolph Blake, Robert Sekuler
2. "Fundamental mechanisms of visual motion detection: models, cells and functions," C. Clifford, M. Ibbotson
3. "A visual nervous network for moving object recognition," Noriaki Sato, M. Hagiwara
||Thursday, October 28, 2004
Recognition and Visual Categorization in Primates
1. "The prefrontal cortex: categories, concepts and cognition," E. Miller, D. Freedman, J. Wallis
2. "A comparison of primate prefrontal and inferior temporal cortices during visual categorization," D. Freedman, M. Riesenhuber, T. Poggio, E. Miller
3. "Cortical analysis of visual context," Moshe. Bar, E. Aminoff
||Thursday, November 4, 2004
Processing in the Sensory Cortex
1. "Whisker Vibration Information Carried by Rat Barrel Cortex Neurons," Arabzadeh E., Panzeri S., and Diamond M.E.
2. "Investigations into the organization of information in sensory cortex," Diamond M.E., Petersen R.S., Harris J.A., and Panzeri S.
3. "The role of individual spikes and spike patterns in population coding of stimulus location in rat somatosensory cortex," Petersen R.S., Panzeri S., Diamond M.E.
Good source: Tactile Perception and Learning Lab, http://www.sissa.it/cns/tactile/index.php
||Thursday, November 11, 2004
"Teaching an old robot new tricks, Learning novel tasks via interaction with people and things," Matthew Marjanovic
Introduction to Brain and Behavior Kolb & Whishaw
Neuroscience Purves, Augustine, ...
Fundamentals of Computational Neuroscience Trappenberg
A User's Guide to the Brain Ratey