Henry A. Etlinger - Associate Professor, Undergraduate Program Coordinator
TENTATIVE OFFICE HOURS FOR SPRING SEMESTER 2014-2015 (term: 2145)
- Office hours may need to be changed due to committee meeting times still being set up
- Monday, Wednesday 11:00 AM - 12:00 noon
- Tuesday, Thursday 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
- Other times by appointment (contact CS office staff to arrange)
TEACHING SCHEDULE FOR SPRING SEMESTER 2014-2015 (term: 2145)
KNOWN UNAVAILABILITY FOR SPRING SEMESTER 2014-2015 (term: 2145)
items can be added throughout the term
- Wednesday, March 4 (Office Hour only from 11:00 - 11:25 AM due to another meeting)
- Monday, March 23 through Friday, March 27 (RIT Spring Break; no classes; NO office hours held)
- Thursday, May 14 (RIT Reading Day, no classes; NO office hour held)
- Friday, May 15; Monday through Thursday, May 18 through May 21 (RIT final exam period; NO office hours held)
- First day of classes - Monday, January 26, 2015
- Last day to add/drop classes - Monday, February 2, 2015
- RIT Spring Break Week - Monday, March 23 through Friday, March 27 (RIT is open; no classes meet)
- Classes resume - Monday, March 30, 2015
- Last day to withdraw online - Friday, April 24, 2015
- Last day of classes for spring semester - Wednesday, May 13, 2015
- RIT Reading Day (no classes) - Thursday, May 14, 2015
- RIT Final exam period - Friday, May 15; Monday through Thursday, May 18 through May 21, 2015
- RIT Convocation and Commencement Ceremonies - Friday, May 22, 2015
- RIT Commencement Ceremonies - Saturday, May 23, 2015
- Memorial Day - Monday, May 25, 2015 (RIT is closed)
- Break between Spring Semester and Summer Session - Tuesday, May 26 through Friday, May 29, 2015
SUMMER SESSION (2148) - starts Monday, June 1, 2015
USEFUL RIT LINKS
Rochester Institute of Technology
Department of Computer Science
102 Lomb Memorial Drive
Rochester, NY 14623-5608
B. Thomas Golisano College of Computing & Information Sciences
Golisano Hall (formerly building 70), Room 3019 (located within the Computer
Science Department Student Services area, third floor, Room 3005)
EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
PHONE: (585) 475-2097
CS OFFICE PHONE: (585) 475-2995
CS OFFICE FAX: (585) 475-4935
Brief bio and photo
Selected Recent Publications
Full text for many publications are available through RIT Scholar Works. The main
page may be reached through the following link - once on the page, enter Etlinger
as the search term to bring up a list of publications.
RIT Scholar Works - main page
- Etlinger, Henry and Raj, Rajendra K., "An Approach to Engaging Students in the Assessment Process" (2014). The Newsletter of the Assessment Network of New York, 3 (3), 3-4.
- Etlinger, Henry, "Expanding the Role of Homework Assignments" (2014). The National Teaching & Learning Forum, 23 (6), 3-5.
- Etlinger, Henry and Raj, Rajendra K., "Putting the 'Student' in Student Learning Outcomes [poster]" (2014).
- Etlinger, Henry, "Adding a Contributing Student Pedagogy Component to an Introductory Database Course" (2013). Proceedings of the 44th SIGCSE technical symposium on Computer Science Education. March (2013), 299-304.
- Etlinger, Henry, "Don't Overlook Homework Assignments - They're Simple, but Powerful" (2012). The National Teaching & Learning Forum, 21 (4), 5-7.
- Etlinger, Henry, "A framework in which to teach (technical) communication to computer science majors," Proceedings of the 37th SIGCSE technical symposium on Computer Science Education. March (2006), 122-126.
Copyright © 2015 Henry A Etlinger.
All rights reserved.
Mon Mar 2 13:33:58 EST 2015